Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I am SO OLD!!!!

I had my umpteenth follow up for my Intr.alase (ie...new and improved and very pricey LAS.IK) procedure (that I had back in Jan 2008) b/c the vision in my left eye isn't clear anymore (and hasn't been since May of last year). And for the last 12+ months my dr has been telling me that there is a dry spot that is causing the blurred vision under the flap that needs to be irrigated, but I had to wait a year for a touch up to give my eyes time to recoup and settle. So in March I scheduled the procedure, but had to cancel it when we found out about Chipmunk. So fast forward to today when I could finally get an appointment. I went in thinking I was just getting some updated measurements and would be scheduling the flap irrigation for a few weeks from now. But I ended up coming home with READING GLASSES!!! Yes, I am 35 and already in need of reading glasses. Apparently, after consulting with another doctor (one who royally ticked me off today) they decided that my vision of 20/25 isn't bad enough to constitute the flap irrigation. But the slight difference in the left and right eyes really causes problems for me when I'm at the computer or reading anything with medium to small print. So their solution was to put a contact in my left eye to correct the very slight astigmatism (which should have been correct back in Jan '08). But I can't wear contacts b/c of my dry eyes. At best I can only wear them for 3-4 hours without having to take them out, cleanse them and put them back in. So their next solution was to put me in reading glasses. I was mortified and almost lost it. Not because I was having to go back to glasses. They really don't bother me, and now that I've been without them for a while I actually prefer how I look with them as opposed to without them. It was the fact that the dr has been telling me all along that he was going to do the flap irrigation and now he was changing his mind. Would he have done it back in March had I not had to reschedule??? And the thing that sent me over the edge was the other dr very flipantly saying "Well, it's not guaranteed to work, and I guess you're just in that 1% that it doesn't work on." So my reply was, "I guess it sucks to be me!" I'm wondering if the dr just forgot to fix my astigmatism and that's the whole issue, and b/c I'm not 20/40 or worse they won't retouch it. I guess the dr felt bad for me, so he gave me some free reading glasses...don't think I wasn't looking at the Coa.ch frames just to set him back a penny or two! But I settled on Cal.vin Kl.ein b/c Coa.ch didn't make a square frame. I'm sure I'll be wearing these things 90% of the time b/c I'm not going to want to keep putting them on and taking them off, and I know myself well enough to know that I'll spend more time looking for them if I don't wear them all the time. SO...we wasted $3500, and that just sucks no matter how you look at it! But, on the bright side...I did find some cute frames!

For those of you who know me IRL...if you EVER see me with a lanyard around my neck holding my new reading glasses...SLAP ME!!!!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers