Sunday, December 14, 2008

Baby Dedications

Yes...there was more than one dedication! One at the church where my parents attend (and the one I grew up in, and where J and I were married) and the other at the church we attend here in BR.


South Main...the pastor talked about how we are all adopted into the family of God and then he talked about how my parents were Little Bit's guardians and we are adopting her. Then my step-dad handed Little Bit off to me. There wasn't a dry eye in the house!! Dr. Lyles told everyone that he had married J and me, and then he turned to us and asked us how long ago...6 years to the day (11/16)!! How perfect was that!!! It's a TOTAL God thing!!! He then gave us a small New Testament Bible for Little Bit. The neat thing is...I was dedicated at this church, and I still have my small NT Bible.








I videoed the whole thing, and I would really love to post it b/c I know that you would enjoy it...but it's on a mini DVD, and apparently if you record onto a mini DVD you can't load it onto your computer if your computer can't handle the minis (and of course, ours can't). LOVELY!!! So, we have a little trick up our sleeves with our DVD player/recorder, and if J ever gets some time, we're gonna try it.

FBC-BR...our children's minister did the "parent/child dedication", and it was a sweet way to introduce Little Bit to all of our BR "family". We had a lovely reception and they gave us a book of Bible stories to read to Little Bit. It's never too early to teach her about the Bible.



1 comment:

  1. Janna, I am sure there were no dry eyes....mine aren't now and I wasn't even there!

    I am so happy for you!
    And, Olivia looks precious in this bottom picture! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers