Not knowing that Jon would be feeling so well so quickly, we arranged for my parents to take Little Bit back to TX with them this week. They were going to be coming back this weekend for my shower and for Little Bit's dedication anyway, so we all thought it would be better if I only had to worry about Jon this week. If I had known he was going to be doing so well I would have told them to leave her here. But, she did need to go to the doctor b/c she was very constipated, so it was probably best that she go with them. She can't keep down any formula except the Enfa.mil AR, but it's making her poop really thick and she's straining A LOT, and she had started crying when she was trying to poop (poor baby). Turns out the doctor told us to give her Ka.ro syrup and water to help with the constipation. I don't know that I like that idea b/c she threw it up the first time my mom tried, but we'll see. I had read that we can put a small amount of Mir.alax in her bottles. Any other advice?
We've both really missed little Little Bit. It's amazing how quickly they tug at your heart! We miss her coos and her sweet smiles. I've actually started looking at pictures and watching video of her just to remind me how precious she is. She's coming back on Friday night...I'll make it, but it sure does get easy to lay around when she's not here!!
Little Bit weighs in at 11 lbs 7 oz. She's 23.5 inches long, and her head circumference is 15 inches. (I was worried that she might have a small head, but the doctor said she is in the 50th percentile in everything and that she's perfectly proportioned and she's probably just going to be petite. He had her sit up on the examining table and she was able to hold herself up for a few seconds. She's already holding her head up on her own. He was very impressed. Three cheers for my girl!!!
My parents go to court on Friday morning to get guardianship!!! BM called my SD and asked about Little Bit. She just wanted to know how she was going. Her BM didn't stay at the half-way house. (We knew she wouldn't.) She said they wanted to take her SS checks. (WHATEVER!!!) She'll never change, and that really breaks my heart, but at the same time I'm relieved b/c I know that Little Bit will really be ours!!
My baby shower is on Saturday!!! I'm so excited!! I can't believe I'm actually going to have a baby shower!! That's just crazy!!!!
Here's our happy little girl!!!
And here's Little Bit trying to steal her friend Callee's bow! We gotta have a serious talk about coveting other's belongings!! lol








She is so beautful:) Glad to hear that the surgery went well and that Jon is recovering nicely.
ReplyDeleteWe have used karo syrup- I have added it to there bottles before and that has worked.
Could she get any cuter? Seriously?
ReplyDeleteI am glad Jon is recovering well!
Enfamil A.R. does that. If she's not on something like Prevacid already (because it would counteract the A.R. and make it pointless), then you can try mixing the formula she was on previously with rice cereal instead. BUT, only use Beechnut and not Gerber (which causes constipation, according to our Ped. GI). The result would be basically the same as using Enfamil A.R. (except Enfamil A.R. has rice starch and thickens when it hits stomach acid, and following this method, it would be thickened going down).
Honestly, I don't agree with the Caro Syrup thing. Is there any way to get her into a see a Ped. GI? Miralax works wonders with B, and I know that it's widely used on babies.. but I'm not sure if it's safe or 'addictive'.
Hey girl....I used to put a small ammount of Miralax in Rachel's bottles and even mixed it in her food when she started eating. It helped out a lot!!! My Ped GI doctor said it wasn't addictive. Also, do you give her juice yet at all...if so, my ped GI doctor said NOT to...not good for the belly.
ReplyDeleteSorry, I have been such a bad commenter lately. School has been sucking me dry. Congratulations on your beautiful daughter. Sounds like lots of things going on in red stick! Good Luck.
ReplyDelete