Tuesday, September 15, 2009

7 months

I'm a few days late getting this posted b/c we've been dealing with a sick Little Bit. She woke up Saturday morning with a low grade fever, but by the time she woke up from her nap that afternoon it was 103.4. I called the doctor and was told to alternate Mo.trin and Tyl.enol. If her fever persisted to come in Sunday morning (our peds practice has a dr in the office Saturday and Sunday from 8-12). By Saturday evening the fever was back down to 99, and by Sunday it was gone. I went ahead and called on Monday morning to see the dr. She checked her ears, and they were clear, and her flu test was negative. She said she didn't know where the temp came from but just to watch her for the next few days. She hasn't run another temp, but she's just not herself. Some friends have suggested a UTI, and of course the swi.ne f.lu came to mind when I heard about a 5 yr old who died after running a 102 temp for a day and then the next day it was gone. It returned the following day, and they never got ahold of the situation. That's just scary! Little Bit has an underlying issue...she was exposed to HIV by her BM, so I'm tempted to just have them run the darn test just to make me feel better. I'm not normally an alarmist like this, but the swi.ne fl.u sneaks up on people and takes over their bodies quickly, especially when they have an underlying condition. I honestly don't know what to do. Today she's been very clingy and whiney, so I think she's still feeling bad. Help! What would you do??? I know it's stupid for me to ask that question, as I should probably just go with my gut, but neither of the girls have ever been sick other than an ear infection. I don't want to seem like a cooky, overprotective mom, but I wasn't all that worried about the sw.ine fl.u until this fever popped up and then went away as quickly as it came.

Chipmunk is now 7 months old, and she's constantly impressing us with things that she's learning and doing. Her latest accomplishment is getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth. I think she's a while away from crawling, but she's definitely showing signs of trying to figure it out. She's such a cutie, and I love to walk into her room after her naps to find her playing and laughing in her bed. She'll flash that million dollar smile with her precious dimples, and I can't help but smile back.She's just about always smiling and in a good mood. What a change since our colic days! She's such a joy, and we are so blessed to have her!!!

4 comments:

  1. If it were me, I'd probably go with my gut feeling. I'm a worrier, and it persistantly gets worse the longer I ignore my insticts. A recent example is that I took Baby K to the ER last week because I didn't think his breathing was right. He was breathing what I thought to be rapidly and hard. He was sent home with an antibiotic for ear infection and said to have the croup. But, I don't regret it. Rather be safe than sorry. You'll know what to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go with your gut. Moms know when their kids are off and keep pushing the doctor until you get an answer. Could just be a virus but better to know than continue to worry. Everyone in our house has been dealing with allergies and I know when I lived in Baton Rouge, my allergies were horrible. The swine flu is scaring me too. A perfectly heathy 11 year old just died from it. So scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe Chipmunk is 7 months old! How did that happen?

    I agree you should go with your gut. If you are worried, do what you have to do for some peace of mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for healthy babies!
    Yeah for 7 months!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers