Monday, February 7, 2011

Preschool

For the last 2 weeks Jon and I have been touring preschools for Little Bit to attend in the fall. Of all the ones that I attended, Hayma.rket Bap.tist really stuck out as one that I thought would be a really great fit, but apparently it's really hard to get in. What I liked about it is their focus on not only academics, but their spiritual emphasis as well. They go to chapel once a week, they have daily morning prayer for their day, they do a daily Bible story, and they say a prayer before snack. But, I continued to tour schools to find a back-up should Little Bit not get in.

A girl at my MOPS table has her little boy enrolled there, and she said that he was on the wait list for the 2 1/2 yo class and a spot opened up in October when a little boy had too many accidents. (Yeah, the 2 1/2 year olds have to be potty trained, but not just trained, but self sufficient! Holy Moly!! Chipmunk and I have LOTS of work to do between now and then!) So, she told me that it would be best to also enroll Chipmunk for the 1 day 2 1/2 yo class so that if Little Bit doesn't get in this year, I could qualify for early registration next year.

As of Friday after early registration ended, there were 16 spots in the 2 day AM 3 yo class and 16 spots in the PM class.  There were only 3 spots in the PM 3 day class and no spots in the AM 3 day class. For the 2 1/2 yo there were 10 spots in the T/TH classes, and 5 spots in the Mon/Wed classes. While normally, knowing these small chances, I would be stressing about getting them in, I have really been praying about where God (not me) wants them to be. I know that no matter what I do, He will put one or both of the girls where He wants them to be. And for the last several days I've been at peace about it. I know that this particular school is hard to get into, but that hasn't stressed me out one bit. Whereas normally, I would be stressing beyond belief! I'm not really sure what this peace means. Does it mean they'll get in? Does it mean that they won't, and it won't bother me one way or the other? Does it mean that He has other plans? I'm not sure, but I do know that this peace is AMAZING!!!!

So, this morning, I was up bright and early sitting at the computer waiting on the new student registration to open. I had Jon do the typing b/c he's much faster and more accurate than I. He had Chipmunk registered by 7:02, and Little Bit by 7:04. And now we wait until mid-March. And I'm okay with the wait. The #2 and 3 preschools don't start their registration until Feb. 16, and they both said they don't fill up quickly. So if we don't get into the favorite school (and are too far down the wait list), we still have options.

I'll keep ya posted! :)

1 comment:

  1. We finally made our choice in preschool! Aliya starts Monday and is so on the fence if she's excited or not. She's thrilled to go to school, but is understanding that her friends from the sitter won't be there with her :( God is in control!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers