Back in January I made a few resolutions to help get me to a more healthier me. I'm happy to say that thus far I've dropped 40 pounds!! I still have a LONG ways to go, but I am happier and healthier than I have been in a very long time!
I had hoped to drop around 60 pounds this year, but the move totally screwed that up. Once the relocation ball started rolling I started making meals that made less of a mess in the kitchen so there was less to clean up for viewings, and then for the whole month of August and September things were in such disarray that I was doing good just to get a meal on the table, much less a healthy one. Jon did A LOT of traveling August-October, so cooking wasn't a priority b/c I didn't have the energy to meal plan, cook, and clean all by myself and still keep up with the girls, the house, and the laundry. Now that he's back in Houston full time I have done a little better, but not like I was doing the first 1/2 of the year. So because of all that my weight loss slowed tremensdously.
These were my resolutions from back in January, and I'm sticking to them for next year! I'm hoping I can stay disciplined and not gain any of the weight back during the holidays.
1. No more real ranch dressing. It's my favorite, but this shouldn't be too terribly hard because I do like other dressings...just not as much. lol I don't like lite or FF ranch (or as I call it, fake ranch). But I have found a lite raspberry walnut vinaigrette that I really like.
2. No more real mayo. I love mayo. I hate mustard. I like ketchup. Five Guys burgers just won't be the same, but I gotta cut the fat somewhere. lol
3. Drink fewer Diet Cokes and more water. This one is huge for me! I LOVE (and I mean, LOVE) Diet Coke. I can drink a couple reg. DC and a couple caffeine free DC a day. I hate water! It will be hard for me!!
4. Walk 30 minutes at least 5 days a week. I'll admit it, when it comes to exercise, I'm lazy. I love to eat and hate to exercise, hence all the weight I've put on in the last 9 years of marriage.
5. Eat more veggies and cook at least one meatless meal a week. I love my meat, but I'm actually excited about this one! :)
6. Limit carbs. The main reason for this one is because of my insulin resistence.
Sunday, November 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)