Saturday, November 3, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness

Day 1: I'm thankful for a hubby who works hard and with integrity everyday so I can stay home with our girls. Our days aren't glamorous, but I'm living my dream thanks to my supportive husband!!

Day 2: I'm so thankful for our girls' birthmothers. I wouldn't be a mom without their amazing sacrifice, and they both have such deep love for their daughters. My prayer is that they'll be honored by the way we are raising the girls. And I pray that the girls will always know just how much they are loved by their first mothers and respect them for their deep sacrifice to allow someone else to raise them.


Day 3: I'm thankful for my two beautiful daughters. They have brought a love and laughter to my life that I never imagined was possible. Life isn't always full of giggles and grins, but I count even those frustrating moments as blessings (though maybe not at the time lol) because those moments grow and stretch me as a mom. Being their mom is my greatest joy in life. #livingthesweetlife

Day 4: Today I am thankful that everywhere I have lived God has placed friends in my life. Some of these friends have been friends for a season. Others have become close, life-long friends that have chosen not to let distance be an issue. But no matter how long we've remained friends, I am thankful for each person that God has brought into my life. I'm thankful for the laughs, the tears shed, the good times and bad, and the unforgettable memories made! FB helps keep me in touch with my friends that we no longer live close to, but for my life-long friends, FB isn't the only way we keep in touch. Holding onto long-distance friends isn't easy, but it's not impossible!! I am truly blessed with some amazing friends!! So thankful..

Day 5: While Jon has spent the better part of 3 months traveling, which hasn't been easy, I am extremely thankful that he has a stable job! This is the worst economy than we've seen in a very long time, so while him not being here is hard physically for me and emotionally for the girls, at least he has a job to travel for.

Day 6: I am thankful for my family. From my immediate family all the way through to my extended family and to friends who may as well be family...I am blessed far beyond anything I deserve!! I may be a bit biased, but I have the best family in the world!!

Day 6.5: I'm thankful for a dryer with a "steam refresh" setting for when I forget to get the clothes out of the dryer. Yes...I've made good use of that setting!

Day 7: Today I am thankful for carrying scissors in my purse so I could cut the tag out of the new shirt I was wearing. Ahhhhhhh!!!! :)

Day 8: I'm thankful for a hubby that's willing to take over kid duty and let me have a scrapbooking weekend away with my BFF!!

Day 9: I'm thankful for Diet Coke. It's kept me going today! Still scrapping...9 pages and counting!

Day 10: I'm thankful for cooler weather.

Day 11: I am thankful for reunion days with my family after a weekend away. Sure have missed them!! Based on our convos I know they had a blast having Daddy all to themselves. I can't wait for the screams of, "Mommy!" when I walk through the door. At least I hope they're excited to see me. Weekends with Daddy are pretty awesome!! lol

Day 12: I'm thankful for our veterans and all the freedoms they have fought for! Their bravery and sacrifice are indescribable!! I'm also thankful for their spouses and family members that make so many sacrifices and go months and months without seeing their loved ones so we can enjoy the freedoms of this country.

Day 13: I'm thankful for a house to live in and clothes to warm us on chilly days!

Day 14: I'm thankful. Nothing specific, just thankful!

Day 15: I have a ton of errands to run today, so I'm thankful the girls have school so I don't have to bore them with the mundane parts of my day!

Day 15.5: Thankful for meds to make my big girl feel better. She has pink eye (again), an ear infection and a sinus infection. :(

Day 16: I'm thankful that 10 years ago today I took a walk down an aisle and married the man of my dreams. That was the happiest day of my life and the beginning of our happily ever after! Our life isn't perfect. We have laughed and made some amazing memories, but we have also cried and endured struggles that I thought would break us. But we made it through by clinging to each other and holding onto Jesus. I am convinced we are stronger because we pressed on. There's no one on this earth I'd rather be on this journey with. Happy Anniversary, Jon!! I love you more!! ;)

Day 17: I'm thankful for the life I have. It's not a glamorous life...we have crazy days, cranky days, fun days, blah days, happy days, productive days, and everything in between, but every day that I get to spend with my friends and family is cherished!! I am blessed far beyond what I deserve! So thankful...

Day 18: I'm thankful for parents who were gracious enough to keep the girls for us so Jon and I could get away for an anniversary weekend. We have had such a good time, and based on reports from Mom, the girls had a blast too (and apparently we need a peach tree in our yard...can't wait to get the whole story lol)! Spending time alone has recharged our marriage, and sends us back to "the real world" with a new perspective and appreciation for all the blessings in our life!! Life is good...

Day 19: I'm thankful that we no longer have to fly at the busiest and most expensive time of year to see family for the holidays. While we LOVED our time in VA, it was difficult to always be traveling during the holidays. There's something to be said for spending the holidays at home!!

Day 20: I'm thankful for good friends and great family. Yep...it's a repeat, but aren't family and friends worth a repeat??? I think so!!

I'm thankful for friends who stick around through the good and bad, pick me up when I'm down, make me laugh, and give me opportunities to be a friend in return.

I'm thankful for family that never leaves, always loves, and gives support, encouragement and even hard to take criticism when I need it. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I am blessed far beyond what I deserve!!!!
 

Day 21: I'm thankful for nap time. Some days I get a lot accomplished. Other days I don't. Today is one of those days when I won't get much accomplished, but I'm totally okay with that b/c we spent the morning getting the outside lights up and dinner is already in the crock pot. :) 

Day 22: Thankful to be with family on Thanksgiving. Praying for those who couldn't be with theirs. Thankful for those who work on Thanksgiving to keep us safe, make us healthy, and give help when it's needed!!

Day 23: Thankful for food delivery. I'm in no condition to go eat anywhere, and the leftovers do not sound appetizing tonight.

Day 24: I'm thankful for my health. I've had arthritis since I was 17, but most days I feel great. Thankful for medications that keep me going every day.

Day 25: I'm thankful that God loves me and accepts me just as I am, flaws and all, and that my sins are covered by the blood of Christ.

Day 26: I'm thankful the house is still under warranty...we found water damage on a baseboard in the dining room, and my sink has decreased water pressure. Not sure if these are related or not, but it's nice to know these repair bills will NOT be coming out of our pockets!! Called the builder this morning and left a message...waiting on him to return my call.

Day 27: I'm thankful for rotisserie chickens at Wal-Mart. Makes dinner easy when you've been gone since 8:00.

Day 28: Thankful for the ability to sing, read music, etc... Enjoyed getting back into choir at church. It's been a while, but it never ceases to amaze me how music can lift the spirits.

Day 29: Thankful for lunches with "old" friends and evenings with new friends.

Day 30: Thankful for last minute play dates so the girls can play with friends, and I can chat with mine. :) And thankful for a night out with my hubby tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers