Chipmunk: Mama, we boated at school today.
Me: You boated with a B or voted with a V?
Little Bit: No Sissy, we VOTED!
Me: Oh, you voted for president today? Who did you vote for?
Chipmunk: The Teddy Grahams won.
Me: Huh?
Little Bit: We voted for our snack, and Teddy Grahams won.
Me: Oh! Well that sounds like a better choice than I had to pick from when I voted.
Cashier at Wal-Mart: I would have voted for Teddy Grahams, too.
Chipmunk: But it's a secret.
Me: It was a secret vote?
Chipmunk: Uh-huh, and you can't tell who you voted for.
Me: Well I think that's a good policy to have. This preschool of yours is pretty good! I like that my money is being well spent. lol
Lady behind us in line:
The other "candidate" was goldfish. I was actually pretty impressed that the school had ballots for them with a picture of a teddy graham and goldfish on them, and they put a check mark by their vote. and then cast their ballot in a special box. I love that their school is teaching them about the importance of voting and making their voices heard, dealing with disappointment if their "candidate" doesn't win, and doing it with something that is a big factor in their lives...snack...it's important, people! ;)








That's a cute idea! I wish I had thought of something so simple to introduce my boys to voting...
ReplyDelete