I was very fortunate this weekend to get to go visit my BFF to do some scrapbooking, and it was WONDERFUL!!! I got 22 pages done, I had some girl time, and by the time I came home I was so ready to see Jon and the girls, so to me...my mommy time was a success!! I am so thankful to Jon and my MIL for taking care of the girls so I could recharge my batteries! Next on the list...find a babysitter so Jon and I can go on a date!
Little Bit has started reaching out. Ahhh, it melts my heart when I walk in the room and she reaches for me! And last night, she was sitting in my lap while Jon was on the floor, and she started rocking back and forth trying to get out of my lap so she could be with Jon. So cute! We've been working on waving...she's almost there. I just love this age. She is learning so much. It's so fun!
Chipmunk is smiling more and more, especially when I'm changing her diaper or putting her in her carseat. But when I close the car door and she realizes she's staying her seat, the cries begin. She really hates the car. So it's made errands and anything involving driving difficult. That's hard for me b/c I start getting cabin fever if I've been in the house for more than a couple days straight, so I try to get out at least a couple days a week, but when it does nothing but upset Chipmunk, it makes me feel guilty for wanting or needing to get out. And it's miserable for Little Bit and me as well b/c we are in this tiny vehicle listening to Chipmink scream. Someone please tell me this is just a phase and it will get better!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Don't worry, it's just a phase!
ReplyDeleteSoon all of that screaming will be a distant memory...
replaced by WHINING! :O)
Good for you for getting some "me-time". I'm glad you had such a great time and were productive too. Good luck finding a babysitter.
ReplyDeleteDon't know if you've seen our blog lately but we have been lead to adoption! I am so glad to have you and your blog to look too int imes of need :)
ReplyDeleteMacy and Olivia are so beautiful!
www.wondrafulbaby.blogspot.com
I think Macy will grow out of the car seat thing. Lemy was doing that for a bit, but she eventually stopped. Do you have any toys you can hang from the car seat hood? We got some for Lemy and she LOVES them. Also, a decorated mirror might help to keep her distracted. HTH!!! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd YAY for mommy time! Its definitely well deserved! :)
WOW...22 pages!!! Well, I guess if I didn't have all this extra stress that makes me just want to sleep when I go to the house....then I could be pretty productive since C and the kids are in Blanco! BUT...all I want to do is sleep!
ReplyDeleteGlad you all had a great time!
Torin went through the same stage. If you don't already have one, strap one of those baby mirrors on the seat so that she can look at herself. If that doesn't work, maybe you could tape a close up picture of you and Jon to the seat. She might just feel like she is alone. Hope this gets better. I hate driving with screaming babies. It gets very stressful and distracting.
ReplyDelete