Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mommy's Sick

And I HATE it! The last 2 days I have been trying to stay away from Jon and the girls so that I don't give them my cold. And I have really missed them. I've missed holding Chipmunk and smelling that sweet baby smell and trying to get her to smile at me. I've missed playing with Little Bit and watching her learn and discover new things. I've missed talking with Jon about anything and everything. Being sick sucks anytime, but this is the first time that I have actually been a little depressed about being sick.

I went to the doctor yesterday and told her that I realized I only had a cold, but that I needed to get better because 1. I had 2 little ones that I didn't want to pass this on to, and 2. that Jon couldn't take any more days off to keep the girls because he needed to get back to work. She gave me a Z-pa.ck and some cough meds, and by just taking the two pills yesterday I'm already feeling a little better. Thank goodness!!!

In other news...

Little Bity's first tooth is beginning to make it's debut. We knew that it was about to come through, but yesterday was the first day that I could actually feel the tooth. She's been amazing calm and easy going about teething. She's been fussy, but nothing like I expected her to be. Actually the fussing that Little Bit has done with teething would actually be a GOOD day for Chipmunk, so relatively speaking, I think Little Bit has handled teething quite well.

Chipmink started the Pre.vac.id a week ago, and I can't really tell that it's done that much good. She's still spitting up and the daytime fussing hasn't let up much, but I can say that it has stopped the hiccups after each bottle. She's still pretty fussy in the evenings, so it hasn't helped with the colic like many doctors think. We'll give it a few more weeks, but if we haven't seen a significant difference then we may just stop it. It's expensive medicine, and if it isn't helping all that much I don't see a reason to continue. Of course, I won't stop it until I have talked with Dr. B. Maybe we can try Zan.tac. I don't know...any advice?

----------------
ETA:

Kim, She's on 15mg/day. She doesn't have loose stools or constipation. She's actually pretty regular, though that might change some since we've added 1/2 tsp cereal per oz of formula. Dr. B said she would ultimately like her on oatmeal cereal, but since oatmeal has a higher allergy rate, she started her on rice cereal being that she was only 8 weeks old at the time. She's on Nutr.ami.gen. Since the day we got her she has always had a stuffy nose, and we've talked about that at our last 2 appts. The first appt she actually had an ear infection, so she said the antibiotic should clear up the stuffiness, but when we went in last week I told her the stuffiness never went away, and she said it was probably due to her getting formula backed up in her sinuses from all the spitting. That's why she put her on the Pre.va.cid and added cereal.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're sick :O(.. poor momma!!

    Usually Zantac is tried first, so it's interesting that they went straight to Prevacid. They work differently, though. How much Prevacid is she on?

    Have they tried changing formula? Does she have any other symptoms.. like loose stool, mucous, constipation? Does it seem like she's fussy out of PAIN or discomfort?

    :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH. Being sick is the WORST!!! Wishing you a very speedy recovery and continued teething without fussing--that is fabulous! :) ((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers