Thursday, April 30, 2009

Little Bit's Adoption

My step-dad called to tell me it didn't go as planned today in court, but at least there was movement. The judge granted my parents temporary custody of Little Bit, and they will reconvene on June 15th. He wants to give Little Bit's BM and BF more time! HUH???? That just makes me SO mad! Little Bit will be 8 months old on May 4th! How much more time do they really need? Her BM is so strung out all the time that when she does call my step-dad (to ask for money to buy more drugs...he tells her no, but she still calls and asks repeatedly b/c she can't remember that he told her no) that she doesn't even think to ask about Little Bit, and the BF is nowhere to be found! Seriously??? I can understand not terminating their rights if a mother or father makes one (or even 2) mistakes and has enrolled themselves in parenting classes to straighten up. But when her BM has been arrested for the same thing (drugs and prostitution) 13 times! And when the BF has had no interest in the pregnancy or the birth? Really? The judge feels the need to give them 9 months to not do anything? (Can y'all tell I'm upset?) This has just gone on and on! I just want to get the baby insurance in the state I live in so we don't have to pack up and go to TX every time she's sick or has a well baby appt.

The only good thing is...we have a timeline. On June 15th, if the ad litem for BF has had no luck getting in touch with him, then the judge will terminate his rights and grant full custody to my parents, and then we'll start the adoption process. Please pray that her birth parents stay away! I know they will, but still...all we need is another thing to stall the process.

So, that's where we stand. I just can't get over this judge. There couldn't be 2 more absent birth parents in the universe and after almost 8 months he still won't move on the termination. You know...I really feel like I need a drink after all this! lol

6 comments:

  1. Ugh! I can't believe that judge either! The system is so messed up sometimes I swear ( and I am totally pro America but crap like that is just insane)

    I will be praying like crazy for you guys and Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. That's ridiculous. I hate that you guys have to wait even longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just stupidity. I don't understand our legal system sometimes. I hope the next month and a half of waiting will finally be it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How ridiculous! Hopefully this is the LAST delay. I'm praying that thigns get resolved quickly and Olivia is officially yours'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just incredible, but unfortunately not surprising given our legal system. I'll be praying for you that things stay just the way they are and the 15th gets here ASAP. ((LOTS OF HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having all of these delays really does suck! BUT, it's going to make your victory taste even sweeter! You are Olivia's mommy, and her BM is never going to step up from the way you describe her. It really stinks, but a little more patience, sweet friend! And we'll all be here to celebrate with you when this finally goes through!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers