Thursday, August 18, 2011

My girls...My Heart!

This morning I was having my time alone with God while the girls were having breakfast, and was interrupted in ordr to get them all cleaned up. I called it my not so quiet "quiet time". lol So after getting everything put away the girls were playing nicely together, so I got back to my devotion. It was such a meaningful time because it absolutely hit home, and before leaving for my meeting at church, I spent some time in prayer.

Not long after bowing my head and closing my eyes, Chipmunk came up and asked me if I was asleep. I told her that I was praying. She asked, "Are you talking to God?" I told her yes. Then Little Bit came up and said, "I will pray with you, and she bowed her head and closed her eyes." Chipmunk did the same, and so we all spent some time in prayer together.

What a meaningful time with my sweet girls! So many times I have prayed that my girls would come to know Christ, so I have strived to show them what a walk with Him looks like and how important it is to spend time with Him each day. Jon and I want to set godly examples for them, and I so glad that the girls and I could share this moment together. Just gives me chills! I love my sweet girls!!

Lord, please bless them! Help us to set godly examples for them. We pray one day they will come to a point in their lives when they want to accept you as their Savior! Oh, what a sweet day that will be! Until then, help us to encourage them as they learn more about you!! I'm in awe that You chose us to be their parents. They truly are blessings, and the answers to our prayers!!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! In our prayers every night, with our daughter, I pray that God guides us to be the parents that she needs, to raise her to love Him.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers