The flight was rather bumpy and nerve-wracking, but we made it safely to Texas and began to make memories with my family and some dear friends.
The girls turned into little fish in my parents' pool. lol They could have swam hours on end, going without naps and food. Both girls got up the nerve to jump off the side of the pool into someone's arms. I figured Little Bit would do it, and to my surprise, Chipmunk followed soon after! I found these life jackets for them to wear, and after a few minutes of getting used to them, they were "swimming" up and down the pool. Little Bit would take off without anyone nearby, which was very scary for me, and led to many reminders that she could not do it on her own, and would ALWAYS need a big person in the pool with her. Chipmunk was a little more reserved and always wanted someone near her because she didn't want to get water in her ears.
Here are our little fish...
We visited the Blu.e Bel.l I.ce Cre.am Fac.tor.y while we were there. I grew up eating BB, and it's by far my favorite ice cream! I sooooo miss it, so the free scoop that was at the end of the tour really did bring me back to my childhood.
I got to meet up with several friends that I hadn't seen since high school. We joked that in HS I never had a party, so at 37 I was having my first party at my parents' house. lol We laughed for hours and had the best time! These girls were such sweet friends of mine, and it was so good to reconnect with them after almost 20 years! (There were 2 other friends that came, but they didn't have their swimsuits with them, so they weren't in the pic.)
My Beautiful girls...growing up SO fast!
Being Silly...
First trip to the beach...They loved the waves, but I think their favorite part was playing in the sand!
We had a great trip to Texas, and the girls were so excited that Jon flew in for the 4th of July. At that point we had only been in TX for about a week and a half, but you would have thought we had been gone for months! lol They love their Daddy!!









Your girls are gorgeous! Love the pictures of their beautiful curly hair down. Looks like you had a fun trip.
ReplyDeleteFun times at Mommy's house. Too funny about never having a party till now...
ReplyDeleteI bought Miles one of those puddlejumpers for our vacation too and he LOVED IT. So much more than his regular lifejacket. He can swim and turn over and JUMP, JUMP, JUMP.
awww your girls are growing up so fast- they are gorgeous!!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures:)
ReplyDeleteWe have the same swim things and my kids LOVE them:)