Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Funny Story

Mom called on Sunday to ask a few questions about the shadow box she's having made with Chipmunk's dedication dress, and after I answered her questions we hung up, but almost immediately she called back. She told me she had found us a baby boy! (I wish I could see your expression right now! lol) I laughed out loud and told her that was not one bit funny. I relayed the message to some friends we were having lunch with, who decided that we were going to have a TLC show started about us (Jon and Janna Go Bananas). I asked her who she was talking to, and she said the lady that was taking the shadowbox order remembered her from when she had Little Bit's shadowbox made a few months ago, and she made the comment that she was coming back in so quickly with another order. So Mom told her our story. It turns out that she has a step-daughter who is pregnant and wants to place her baby for adoption, but hasn't found a suitable family yet. I promptly told her that unless the baby came with an inheritance (and I wish I had thought to say nanny, too) that we weren't interested, but thanks so much for the laugh. (Though, if we did have the money [and a nanny], I would take a little boy in a heartbeat!!)

But seriously, I wish that I could go talk to the lady and tell her about all the wonderful blogs I read of families waiting to be matched. And I wish I had told my mom to tell her to give her my email address. Maybe I'll have Mom stop back by soon.

4 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure that I just had a small heart attack. You sure you don't want to at least consider it? You can do it! HA! Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will I will ( Is that totally inappropriate to say? ) but I totally mean it! It's so funny I read about so many people having situations like that and I just think...why can't we know someone who knows someone who knows someone!

    Oh well maybe one day! And we will be praying for baby boy no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! If we lived anywhere near you I'd be asking to be put in touch.

    Too funny though about your mom :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i tried to email you yesterday and it said it didnt work so i tried again today to email you our profile..lemme know if you get it i would love to hear your 2 cents :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers