Monday, July 20, 2009

I just want to scream!

Just to warn you, this post will have lots of venting.

1. Neither of the girls are sleeping through the night anymore. Nuff said.

2. I'm so sick of our medical insurance! For one, every time I submit a claim (and I mean EVERY TIME) something is wrong and I have to call and get it straightened out. We've NEVER had issues with them until this calendar year. For instance...when Jon or I go to our primary care doc (PCP) it costs us $20. A specialist (like my rheumatologist) is a $30 co-pay. And for Chipmunk to go to her peds (her PCP) it's also $20. Those are very reasonable co-pays, but the problem is, every time we visit our PCP we pay $20 at the doctor's office, and about a month later we get a bill from the doctor's office asking us to pay an extra $10 b/c the insurance company paid all but the last $10 from our co-pay. Now, on my insurance card it tells how much our co-pay for a PCP and a specialist are, so why isn't that in their system? They can print it on a card, but they can't see when it comes through that we have paid the correct amount? GRRR! It's the same with Macy's PCP. FRUSTRATING!!!! The other reason I'm sick of them is b/c they no longer cover well baby visits. Yep, you read that correctly! They will cover the immunizations at no cost, but if the doctor bills for a doctor's visit then I have to pay my co-pay. Which I think is a load of crap! What doctor is going to have you come in just for the immunizations without looking the child over and asking about their development? Ummm, none that I know of!!!

BREATHE...

3. I'm so upset about our flexible spending account! It has been like pulling teeth to get OUR money back. We have to have a detailed receipt showing the clinic's IRS tax exempt #, doctor's name, patient's name, WHAT WE HAD DONE???? (doesn't that go against the HEPA laws???? I guess the IRS is exempt from that!). and how much we paid. I'm ticked b/c I don't think I should have to tell them what I had done. And not all doctor's offices around here give the detailed check off list telling that information, and it's not good enought that they just give me an itemized bill. It's also not good enough for me to turn in our credit card receipt! And we've gotten slack from them b/c our doctor's offices who do give the itemized statements write "copay paid $30 with CC" at the bottom. Well, they said that with that written there they can't certify if that was their office or me that wrote that???? WTHeck??? This is OUR MONEY!!!!! GIVE IT BACK YOU FOOLS!!!

BREATH...

4. Little Bit hates the stage 3 foods. I think it's a texture thing, but we are having to force her to eat it, and after just a few bites she starts with trying to gag herself and make herself throw up. I finally gave up and moved her back to the stage 2's b/c she has no issues with the solids that we're giving her from our plates, but the spitting up started again. So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place...force her to eat the stage 3's and risk her making herself throw up, or deal with the spitting again.

BREATHE...

And the one that I am still fuming about 2 weeks later...

5. Jon's mother won't be coming to TX for Little Bit's finalization hearing despite the fact that we were going to fly her out there. (I had more written, but apparently I have offended Jon's brother and sister, so his sister sent me an awful email today saying I "put a wedge in her family, called her mother a bad mother [which I did not, btw], and I have not acted like a Christian". She went on to blast me for several other things of which I won't go into, so I have chosen to remove this part of the post b/c of the uproar. Just suffice it to say, I'm more than upset that his mother won't be coming.)

So that's my life in nutshell lately. When it rains it pours! I'm trying so hard to think positively and see just how blessed we really are, and most days are GREAT, but I've just gotten bombarded with negative junk lately. Isn't that the way it goes??? I'm exhausted from not getting enough sleep. I really should be sleeping since the girls are napping, but I needed to get all this off my chest. Maybe now I can get a little bit of a nap in! The next post will be a positive one!!! I promise!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ah your poor thing I am fuming with you about insurance and all that crap but specially the M.I.L. stuff! And I'm with you no matter what my kids do I will be there 110 degree weather doesn't matter!

    Hang in there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry that some things are unnecessarily stressful right now, that stinks!

    Andrew also hates stage 3's, with the exception of the fruits. He just won't eat the little dinner combo things. So, I've given up and just have him soft stuff that we have. He likes "cheesy toast" (a piece of bread with a slice of cheese on top in the toaster until it melts) cut in little pieces. He also gets small bits of veggies and fruit, pasta, macaroni and cheese (yes, I let him eat kraft. bad mommy). So, don't stress about the stage 3 foods. My niece and nephew wouldn't eat them either. And have you tasted them? ICK!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart girl! You are really dealing with a lot on your plate. I went thru something similar with my MIL when Baby K was born. Now, our relationship is not the same, and I doubt it ever will be. We had to ask her to be at the hospital when he was born, while the waiting room was full of my family. It really hurt K's feelings, which really fired me up... I get it, and I really hope she changes her mind because O's adoption is a VERY IMPORTANT DAY!!!! Heck, if I could be there, I would ;)

    I will keep you in my prayers for much needed rest too. (BTW, my blog has gone private. I sent you an invite, so I hope it isn't going into your junk folder).

    Chin Up!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers