Friday, July 31, 2009

I've Been Doing Some Thinking

So I've given it a lot of thought, and I've decided that I just don't want my blog private. If I need to rant about my family (which I seldom do, but occasionally find it necessary), the random stranger who comes up and kisses my child (yes, it's happened), or the person who cut me off in traffic, then I'm going to do it! This is my space! Will I choose my words a little differently...probably b/c the family drama has clearly been overwhelmingly frustrating. But I won't make it private. I SO appreciate my readers (lurkers & commentors) and for me, going private isn't how I roll. LOL (Sorry, that's an inside joke with my BFF). I'm just not a private person. I'll tell you anything you want to know about me (within reason). And when it comes to a filter for my mouth...it doesn't always work, so things tend to just flow, especially when I'm mad. And it gets me in trouble sometimes, but that's who I am.

We are going to see Jon's family this weekend. His mom asked us to make it a day trip. Not b/c she knows about anything that happened (that we know of, anyway). But b/c her upstairs window unit isn't working, and we normally sleep upstairs. She offered for us to sleep in her room where the a/c does work, and let the girls sleep in the living room where another a/c unit works, and she would sleep on the couch. But we said we'd stick to her initial plan just b/c it's going to be too difficult with 2 pack-n-plays and all the junk we have to bring along (toys, diapers, bottles, bottle drying rack b/c she doesn't have a D/W, clothes, stoller, food, highchair to feed the girls in, etc...) But, we're eventually going to have to figure something out. We can't keep making day trips. Not sure what we'll end up doing, but for now, it's a day trip. It's only 2.5 hours away, so it won't be that bad. But the girls still aren't fond of riding in the car for long periods of time. So I'm sure we'll have to deal with some fussiness around hour 2.

We are in the process of planning Little Bit's finalization party!! I get teary just thinking about it!! I can't believe in less that a month she will be OURS!!! Hold on...gotta get a tissue. :) The hearing is set for 9:00 on Monday, August 24th, and it will just be my immediate family there (minus my brother, SIL and niece who live in Dall.as b/c they will be coming to BR for her birthday the next weekend, and they chose the birthday party b/c they would get to stay all weekend to visit.) Anyway, after the hearing we're going to Spag.hetti War.ehouse to celebrate, and then we're having a big bash at my mom's house for all of our family and friends that couldn't make the hearing b/c of work.

I ordered Little Bit's birthday invitations. I had it uploaded, but realized it had our address on it, so I took it down. (http://www.tinyprints.com/product/6632/birthday_party_invitations_number_candle.html.)

When Jon walked in from work today, Little Bit looked at him and said, "Hi Dada." And then we were visiting some friends tonight, and Little Bit said, "Thank you". It was so cute. Of course, it was more like "dank do", but I'll take it! Gosh, she's growing up so fast!!!

Chipmunk is trying to sit up, but she's still not quite there. But she's rolling! I call her the steam roller. She plows over anything in her path, including the dog! She has been making raspberries with her mouth which is making feedings interesting, but any other time she does it it's just so cute! She's really starting to jabber. Right now we're on the /b/ sound. Everything is buh, buh, buh. And her newest trick is hollaring. She hollars when she's talking to her toys, when she's responding to a Bab.y Ein.stein video, when she's watching Little Bit play, etc... The girl has got some chords! Our house is definitely lively now!! lol

I wanted to upload pics of the girls, but I gave it three tries, and it just wouldn't work. I'll give it another try in a couple days. Y'all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. blogger uploading has been horrible lately!

    But anyways first of all yeah for it being august and the month of little bits adoption day! SO EXCITING! Her birthday party is going to be so wonderful!

    2) I am sending you your book back this weekend THANK YOU SO MUCH IT WAS SUCH A HUGE HELP AND A GREAT BOOK!

    3) I agree girl you write what you needa write its YOUR blog :0 Heck i wrote about my back rolls so you know you can certainly vent about the man that cut you off in traffic :)

    LOL have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. blogger uploading has been horrible lately!

    But anyways first of all yeah for it being august and the month of little bits adoption day! SO EXCITING! Her birthday party is going to be so wonderful!

    2) I am sending you your book back this weekend THANK YOU SO MUCH IT WAS SUCH A HUGE HELP AND A GREAT BOOK!

    3) I agree girl you write what you needa write its YOUR blog :0 Heck i wrote about my back rolls so you know you can certainly vent about the man that cut you off in traffic :)

    LOL have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA for finalization! Post pics of those cute girls when you can. Also, I sent you an email in case you do go private. I hate being left out. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers