We are HAPPY to report that we have been chosen by a birth mother!! And we get to bring home our new little blessing TOMORROW!! Yes, you read that correctly...TOMORROW!! We found out Tuesday that we were chosen by a young woman (we'll call her 'S'), and we couldn't be more thrilled!! S did not go through the program with our agency, so that's why we have just gotten this wonderful news. Her family does not know she was pregnant, and after she had the baby she told the hospital that she needed to find an adoptive family, so they called our agency. For a few weeks the agency worked with her to make sure that she was confident in her decision, and once they felt that she was, they showed her 6 profiles. And when she read ours she said she was 100% confident that we were the couple she wanted to raise her little girl. S has already signed her surrender papers, but the birth father's have been turned over to the courts because the agency hasn't been able to get in contact him. When our placement coordinator told S about Olivia she was thrilled that her baby would have a sister so close in age, so we took that as a very clear sign that this was the adoption opportunity for us.
While I do feel some guilt that Little Bit has only been the only child for 6 short months, and even more guilt about the fact that we could have passed on her and allowed another family to be blessed with this precious angel, but the more we prayed about it the more we felt God urging us to step out on faith and trust Him to guide us through. We know that it will be very difficult having two babies so close in age, but we know that we can handle anything with God's guidance and strength.
I can't wait for you to meet our little Chipmunk! We know that she was born on 2/13, has blonde hair, blue eyes, and weighed 8 lbs 2 oz at birth. Tomorrow around 5:00 we'll get to meet S and Chipmunk. We are so looking forward to meeting them. I know I won't sleep tonight! If you are a pray-er...would you please keep us in your prayers? Tomorrow will be a very bitter sweet day, and I pray that God would give us the right words to say to S to show how grateful we are to her for completing our family and how much we admire her strength and courage for making an adoption plan for her baby.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Hey Janna! I love hearing this story. I hope you post some pictures immediately. This is such good news for you guys, and I know you will be able to handle it because you are SUPERMOM, and have been since long before either of your babies came home :) I hope to see you guys soon.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations. That is great news.
ReplyDeleteOh wow, Congratulations, that is awesome news. Keep us posted.
ReplyDeleteYAY! COngratulations!
ReplyDelete(Your a brave woman!)
OH MY GOSH!!
ReplyDeleteI am seriously JUMPING UP AND DOWN!!
I don't know why it didn't cross my mind sooner that this was POSSIBLE..
WOW! Just WOW!!!
Sooo excited for you guys!!
Oh my goodness - what awesome news!!! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteWOW, WOW, WOW! What wonderful news, and such a blessing too! I'm so very, very happy for you and I can't wait to hear more!
ReplyDeleteThat is SO awesome! I am so happy for you guys. I've been reading the blog for a while now and this is my first comment (i think) We are in the VERY beginning stages of getting ready to adopt - so hopefully sooner than later this will be us!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!
Wow, congrats! this is so exciting. Yay Olivia gets a sister. How cool is that. May God grant you the strength to get through tomorrow and bring another little girl home.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, how exciting! I hope everything goes well and can't wait to see your new baby girl and photos of the girls together!
ReplyDeleteWow, that is so exciting! What a neat thing for the girls - to have a sister they can really grow up with!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I came across your blog from another blog. We just finalized our son's adoption. We were so very blessed to be in the delivery room when he was born. It is amazing just how fast they grow. Our son will be 6 months on the 8th of March. Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteHope things are going well for yall today! Love the blog and I'm praying for ya!!!
ReplyDelete~Christy
Janna, that is absolutely wonderful!!!!!!!! I am sure your hands are very full right now as you are adjusting from a family of 3 to 4! It's so awesome to see how God works, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Two little ones will be a lot of fun.
ReplyDelete