Thursday, June 18, 2009

4 month well-baby appointment

Chipmunk had her 4 month well baby appointment today. She weighs...are you ready for this??? 19lbs 4oz!!! Yes, that's in the 100th percentile!!!!! She's 26" long which is the 97th percentile. She has now surpassed Little Bit in weight! I've always joked that Little Bit would be getting all the hand-me-downs if Chipmunk didn't slow down, but now it's happened! I just couldn't believe it when they put her on the scale! I had them weigh Little Bit just for giggles...she weighed 18lbs 9 oz.

The doctor didn't seem concerned. But mostly I think she was trying to calm me down. Poor baby...she can't keep nutra.migen down even with 7tsp of cereal in it, and look what's it's done to her! And now I've been told to add cereal by spoon, and not decrease the amount of cereal in her bottles. My mouth litterally dropped open! Dr. B assured me that there was no correlation between overweight children under 2 being obese adults. But I can't help but worry! And look who she has as an example...a mom who loves to eat and hates to exercise. This should be motivation to get my butt in gear. Let's hope it is!!

She did well with her shots, but she did have a double ear infection. I win the mom of the year award for not knowing she had an ear infection!!!

Little Bit is next...her 9 month appointment is next Friday in TX.

4 comments:

  1. 100 percentile! Love it!!! Thats so cute! And girl I am with ya I love eating hate exercise and somehow plan on instilling health and exercise in my future children...go figure! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet she's just the cutest little girl. Don't worry yet. I've always heard that babies "thin out" once they start walking. You'll be getting plenty of exercise then chasing two little ones around the house.

    Yuck for the ear infections! Hate, hate, hate those. She must be a really good baby since she didn't give you any reason to believe she was sick (so cut yourself some slack).

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Girl...Don't beat yourself up over the ear infections. It has happened to me too with Taegan. The doctor looks at me like I am crazy when she finds the infection at a regular checkup. Taegan never complains, has fever or any other signs that she is sick or hurting. I guess that is good that she is not screaming in the middle of the night but makes me crazy with worry when she gets the sniffles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy gigantababy! She's bigger than M :O). Way to grow!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers