Monday, June 15, 2009

One More Snag in Little Bit's Adoption Process

Our lawyer emailed a couple weeks ago to tell me that he finally had the name of the ad litem representing Little Bit throughout the process. He gave me her name (but no contact info) and told me that she was requesting a $750 retainer. (I just love shelling out money and seeing no progress! GRRRRR!!)

Speaking of no progress...fast forward to yesterday. Mom calls to tell me that she talked to our lawyer and he said that the termination hearing has been postponed YET AGAIN! Are you freaking kidding me??? Apparently, the ad litem wasn't prepared for today's hearing b/c the judge took so long to appoint her. She was supposed to be appointed months ago, but she wasn't, so she asked for the hearing to be postponed to August 24th when we have our adoption scheduling hearing. So the judge, whom we've yet to see, granted the postponement. Just to put it in perspective...Little Bit will be 1 on September 4th, so she will be days away from her 1st birthday before her birth parent's rights are terminated. To me, that's just unbelievable!!

Now, most of you don't know my mild-mannered, very quiet and reserved husband, but he just about hit the roof when I told him. He was ready to kick some booty yesterday! But the funny thing is...I'm the highly excitable one, and I was calm and rational throughout the whole conversation. Well, I guess "calm" is relative, but in comparison, I was more calm than Jon, and that just about NEVER happens. Go figure! Quite honestly, I think I've gotten so used to one snag after another that when we hit a new snag it doesn't really phase me. Now that's incredible!

I'm here to tell you there will be one HUGE party when Little Bit's adoption is finalized. Rest assured we'll party it up with Chipmink's, but when Little Bit's is said and done I just might have a margarita or two (and I haven't done that in I don't know how long!)

There are SO many advantages to going with an agency for an adoption! We have not had one headache or snag with Chipmink's adoption, and all we've had with our private adoption is snag after snag thanks to the judge we were assigned. Jon asked if there was a way to change judges without causing too many more delays...gonna look into that.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that things have been delayed again. Bleh. Hoping and praying that the 24th gets here before you know it and will bring lots of happiness to your beautiful family. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry it keeps getting pushed back! I always check your blog for that info cuz I know it must be such an annoyance for you guys!!! I will most definitley be praying for ya'll!

    I am glad you mentioned agency being an advantage. We kinda got a VERY small lead on a local possible match but ... I don't know theres just somehting nice about an agency that will hold your hand thru the process!

    None the less your little ones are looking beautiful as always!!!

    Can't wait for the party pictures when all is said and done!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers