I contacted the birthmother coordinator, Jill, yesterday to figure out how we can remain in contact with Shannon, Chipmunk's BM. once she's no longer working at the agency. (see this post) I told her I wanted to be able to stay in contact with her if she's interested. Jill said that she is definitely interested, and she told me that Shannon wants to get together sometime this summer if that's something we feel comfortable doing. Shannon wanted us to know that she is not trying to intrude. We certainly don't see her wanting to get together as her trying to intrude.
I set up an email account just to communicate with her. Why a seperate account? There are a few reasons.
1) Our other accounts have our last name tied to them. And at this point, we don't know her last name and she doesn't know ours.
2) We don't know Shannon all that well. The only time we've met her was the day that she placed Macy in our arms.
3) Without knowing her well we don't feel comfortable sharing our last names. Now, as time goes on and we build a stronger relationship, we'll share more, but right now, we're going to just go by Jon and Janna. Not that I think she would do anything if she had our last names or address and phone number, but since neither of the girls are legally ours yet, we're taking precautions everywhere. (Including here...that's why I took their names off and put their nicknames in.)
I gave Jill our new email address and told her to have Shannon email us and we'd work out the details. Everyone keeps asking us if we're okay with meeting up with Shannon. And the answer is yes. Shannon said from the time she found out she was pregnant that she never had any intentions of keeping Chipmunk. In her heart she always knew that she couldn't provide the kind of life she deserved and she wanted her to have 2 parents to love her. And we believe her whole heartedly (even though we don't know her all that well.) Something in my heart tells me that she just wants to see her and know that she's doing well.
I'll keep ya posted! Hopefully we'll hear something from her soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)