Monday, June 15, 2009

VBS...A Family Affair

Every year when VBS rolls around I get all excited and giddy. I absolutely love VBS. Partially b/c I enjoy interracting with the kids. I miss that now that I'm not in the classroom anymore. But the other reson I love it is b/c I enjoy seeing how excited the kids are to learn about God. I lead the music for the worship rally and then do the breakout music group. And this year, Jon decided that he was going to take the mornings off and help out. So he signed up for recreation! (Bless him...it was freakin' HOT outside!) The girls got to go b/c Jon and I were teaching. They LOVE the nursery, and now that Little Bit is mobile she really had a great time. They especially enjoyed the youth workers that were in there helping. They would carry them around and love on them the whole time. And as a momma, I love to see them so happy.

It really was a great week. The kids were awesome, the music was awesome (not my part...the actual songs were awesome), and I had a lot of fun hanging out with my hubby during the work day (even if it was only a few hours a day). The theme was Australia: It All Comes Back to Jesus. You know...like a boomerang always comes back (so I hear...I never could get mine to come back to me).

Family photo with the "Australian Outback" and Kangaroo Props


Jon leading recreation. (It got moved indoors b/c of the rain.)


This was the girls' art project...aren't their little feet and pictures so cute?



Me leading "I Get Down".


Chipmunk enjoying the swing in the nursery.


Little Bit trying to escape from the nursery. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers