Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Where Has the Time Gone?

So sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've actually had this post tucked away, but I forgot about it. Things have been crazy here.

Jon started a 3 week turn-around at the plant in early May, so after about 2 weeks I had had enough single parenting (his work days were between 13-14 hours long), and loaded the girls up and headed to my mom's house in TX. Mom actually flew into town so she could drive with us. I wasn't quite ready to make the drive with both girls alone. And honestly, all in all...they did really well.

We spent Memorial Day weekend swimming in the pool at Mom's. The girls were so funny. Chipmunk wasn't too sure about it so she just sat there looking at us like, "Why am I in this big bathtub", but Little Bit loved it! She kicked and splashed and giggled. It was adorable.

Jon had an awards banquet to go to for work in Houston, so he flew in after work last Friday. I am so proud of him for his glob.al exc.ellen.ce awa.rd. He works very hard, and it was so neat to see him awarded for his work. But the best part of the weekend was that my parents told us they would keep the girls so we could spend the night in Houston after the awards banquet. Now, I love my girls, but IT WAS SO AWESOME to get away and spend some alone time with Jon.

Chipmunk...
  • She's getting more and more personality...she loves to cut her eyes at you and grin. It's adorable.
  • She's blowing bubbles, and starting to laugh, too.
  • Chipmunk got the most horrible diaper rash I have ever seen. It actually wasn't that bad until we drove back home from TX on Sunday. By the time we got home she had blisters. It made my bum hurt just to look at it. I called the doctor's after hours line, and they told us to soak her in baking soda baths and keep her diaperless (which is loads of fun, btw), and they told us to call first thing the next morning to make an appt. The doctor gave us something called "Miracle Butt Paste", and we've seen a great deal of improvement already. Poor baby.
  • She weighed 17 lbs 10.5 oz at her doctor's appt last week!! She's a big baby!! But she's a cutie!! She's caught up to Olivia, so they are now sharing clothes. I figured it was bound to happen. Just didn't think it would happen this soon!

Little Bit...
  • She's saying "ba-ba" for bottle, "Da-da" for Daddy (and anything else in sight...it's her new favorite word), she's nodding her head "yes" and "no", but the biggest news...
  • SHE'S CRAWLING!! Lordy me...she keeps me on my toes! I couldn't believe that at 8.5 months old she started crawling! No more blogging or FB'ing without stopping every 5 seconds to move her to another part of the room where all her toys are. :)
  • She hates the word "No". Enough said. :)
  • Her favorite tv show is Su.per Wh.y. If she's not in the room when she hears the music for the show, she will start crawling in there. She will sit in the floor and watch that show for the full 30 minutes that it's on. Her favorite part is when they get in their "wh.y fly.ers" and fly into the book. She starts clapping and rocking back and forth. It's so cute!
  • She's getting really close to pulling up. So far she's only made it to her knees. It won't be much longer before she figures out how to get on her feet.

Vacation Bible School started yesterday. Jon took the mornings off so he could help with recreation, I'm leading the music, and the girls are in the nursery loving the fact that there are two youth kiddos helping the paid workers. They have gotten so much extra love and attention, and the youth are loving it as well. Pictures to come...

6 comments:

  1. Awww, thanks for the update!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you back with the update!!! I knowy ou have emailed me before about your adoption expiriences but I had one last question...

    What agency did you use when Macy came home?

    We have our adoption meeting Saturday with adopthelp.com and I am sooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!

    Thanks! I just watched the video below by the way HILARIOUS and so cute!!!

    heather

    angel8443@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks for the update. Sounds like they both keep you on your feet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to break it to you ya girly, but this post is worthless without pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THanks for the update! No wonder blogger has taken the back burner. Girl--you have 2 kiddos both under one, and one of them is crawling! What a crazy year??? Can't wait to see more video. I just loved the one where oliva is loving on Macy. Toooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you updated. It's always nice to keep up with you and your beautiful girls. I just love reading about your joys!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!! But please be nice! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers