Tuesday my best friend, Sarah, found out that she has Papillary Thyroid Cancer and has to have her thyroid removed on Monday. The good news is that this is the absolute best kind of cancer you can have (if you're gonna have cancer), so the surgery will be the only course of treatment. But in any case, would you please lift she and her family up in prayer?
Sarah and her husband have a 5 year old little girl, Emily, and they were planning to try for another soon. But now that she has to have her thyroid taken out, the medicine she will have to take daily for the rest of her life is a level X med, so no ttc. She's very upset about that.
Here's a picture to put a face to a name...








I will keep her in my thoughts!
ReplyDeleteThere is a blog that I was just reading, and the woman was also diagnosed with Thyroid cancer when they were trying to figure out why she was in premature ovarian failure (in her 20's). She had her thyroid removed and then did radiation, BUT they are not about to do a (donor) IVF transfer. I will see if I can find the link for your friend.
http://bellaandherfella.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteHere it is!
Thinking of you and your friend and sending out some major prayers. ((HUGS))
ReplyDelete